Planning your Spending is all about knowing how you will allocate your NDIS budget in order to meet your goals. In other words what supports will you purchase? How much will they cost and what money will you have remaining to use towards other supports?
Before Planning your Spending you must first have a budget entered into Plan Tracker.
It’s helpful to do some preparation before you enter your Planned Spending but don’t worry about having to have everything mapped out. Just getting started is a good first step. Have a think about the supports you require to meet your goals.
For example, my goal is to increase my mobility and so I am planning for Occupational Therapy once a fortnight at a cost of $175 per session.
If you are new to using Plan Tracker you would have seen Planned Spending just after entering your first Budget and Past Spending. If you skipped this step you can always return Planned Spending by clicking Adding More Planned Spending from the bottom of the Budget screen
To Plan Your Spending
1. Start entering the name of the support or expenditure item you want for example, Occupational Therapy. As you are typing the drop down may predict your entry. You can select the preloaded example or continue creating your own new entry.
2. Please select which of your budgets the item will come from.
3. Who the Provider will be if you know. You may add a new provider or leave the Provider blank.
4. Enter the cost per session
5. Enter frequency or how often you will receive the support
6. Enter the dates between which you will receive the service. The dates default to Today until the Plan end date.
Your prompts to add actual supports will be based on these dates so it’s good to pick the actual starting day eg OT Thursday 30/11/2017 Weekly will generate Activity list prompts each Thursday to add an OT booking.
Suggestion – change the dates to reflect shorter planned spending eg when adding school holiday dates you might allocate an amount each week for support.
7. Clicking SAVE will allow you to add more Planned Spending items.
When you are finished click NEXT to show graphs of your planned spending compared to your total budget.
To Edit a Planned Spending Item
1. Open the Home Screen and click on Budget
2. Locate the item
3. Click EDIT next to the item you want to update.